Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Narcissists are Intelligent?

A narcissist targets the small, defenseless, or gentle because he can have the most powerful effect on them = he gets the strongest power rush from abusing them. So, for example, he feels best when viciously snarling at his tender little daughter, because that eviscerates her, whereas it would only wound his wife. If you carry this anti-logic to its conclusion, he makes himself God almighty by stomping an ant. Right?

No, come on, a BABY can stomp an ant. Even a puppy can stomp an ant. Demolishing an ant requires no great power. But destroying a city does. Yet every bully on the planet cheats by destroying something small or vulnerable and then thumping his chest as if that proves him mighty.

Sun Tzu, in his ancient treatise On the Art of War, notices the same thing about bullies:

To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength;
to see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight;
to hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.

Yet every narcissistic bully makes the same egregious error of logic. That blasts to smithereens the myth that narcissists are exceptionally intelligent. To the contrary, only a moron makes such an egregious error in logic.

Yet, a minute later, while he's filling out his tax return, the moron is suddenly intelligent enough to do it right. So, what gives?
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Wow. Thank you so much for putting all this information out there. I am the youngest child of an NPD mother. I've been loving and hating her all of my life. Finally, now, in my 40s, from 1,000 miles away, we've come to an uneasy truce and an understanding of how much contact I can stand to have with her. My sister (who is bi-polar) is still unfortunately caught in her daily web of lies and hate. *sigh* Anyway, just wanted to let you know I have put you on my Bloglines and I'll come back for every post, just to get that boost of "you're not crazy". Thanks again.

P.S. If you have the time to read it, I just today posted my mother's history on my blog.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh, one more thing, is it OK to go ahead and download your e-book now? Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

craig class janesville